Jefferson Academy PTO Mtg
Thursday, March 10, 2016 @1:30pm
In attendance: Lillian, Robin, Marcinda, Natalie, Hope, Tana, Kiersten
Tana is organizing snowcone station.
1 hour outside – 4 groups – stations 5-8 minutes each.
Hope & Marcinda will meet to put together a planning timeline & budget sketch to be approved by Elizabeth.
5. Year Book – ErinTeacher signatures page on inside covers (all but 2 teachers have signed) $ due by the 25th. J.A. aerial picture will be done as soon as the yard dries out! Everything else (minus science fair and small events) have been added and are ready to go!
6. Budget – Liz Marcinda will work with Liz to format an easy budget sheet. Individual committee sheets with expenses and incomes listed so that it can be added in the handbook for next committee chair to see where to plan their money.
7. Spaghetti Feed - April 14th
Committee members preferred swim night like last year with a BBQ fundraiser in the Layton Park Bowery.
8. Birthday Table – Committee agreed they’d like to do this. Lindsay Hartman has volunteered to head this. Once a month invitations will be sent to students & their parents to come eat lunch at the birthday table in the lunch room.
Erin suggested the PTO purchase a helium tank from Target ($30-40)
PTO snack or Nicole can pass out her cards/ pencils during the lunch?
9. Veteran’s day date issue - Falls on a Friday, Weds & Thurs are PT conf, Tuesday is Election day. Agreed we cannot cancel this event – tentatively set for Weds. Nov 16th and advertise during the pt conf & book fair to let parents know it will still be happening.
10. Handbook reminder! Sketch of items to start on in writing up your committee chair duties (attached) Elizabeth will get us more information.
11. White Ribbon Week – Lillian Flyers went out to students. She has a canine dog coming Thursday and a guest speaker for Monday’s assembly.
12. Anything we missed? __** It was brought up that we only have 2 meetings left and need to start getting next year’s committee in place!!!! Marcinda will be sending out an email to the board to see who wants to stay in their position or switch and a list of all positions. We’ll need to put open positions out to all parents and hopefully meet in May to vote. __ Start finding us another great committee!!!!!
Next meeting _____APRIL 7th @ 1:30pm__________
Other items for us to look into:
1425 S Angel Street, Kaysville, UT 84037